helix-user mailing list archives

From kishore g <g.kish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Long GC
Date Sat, 04 May 2013 14:29:13 GMT
Hi Ming,

Need some more details,
1. How long was the GC, what is the session timeout in zk.

Behavior you are seeing is expected, what is happening is due to GC and
losing zookeeper session we call the transitions so that partition goes
back to OFFLINE state.

What is the behavior you are looking for when there is GC.

a. You dont want to lose mastership ? or
b. Its ok to lose mastership but you dont want to become master again ?

One question regarding your application, is it possible your application
can recover after long GC pause?

Dont think this is related to HELIX-79, in that case there were consecutive
GC's and I think we have a patch for that issue.

Thanks,
Kishore G