helix-user mailing list archives

From kishore g <g.kish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Some newbie questions
Date Thu, 02 May 2013 16:18:39 GMT
Hi Alexandre,

Glad you like Helix.

1. See if vinayaks suggestion works for you. I have couple of questions
what is the execution mode, you can get this from the idealstate MODE
property. If its AUTO you can change the preference list.
But I am surprised that after disabling the instance user defined messages
cannot happen. That was not intended in the design, so it might be a bug.
Can you give more information on how you are trying to send the message and
what is the criteria set to compute the recipients.

2. Yes, Helix architecture is not tied to zookeeper. We are mainly using it
for storing the cluster state. We had another simple file based manager
earlier but we removed it in favor of running zookeeper locally in dev
mode. It would be great to have this contribution. There are quite a few
use cases that can benefit from a non zk implementation.

thanks,
Kishore G