helix-user mailing list archives

From Vinayak Borkar <vbo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Resource Partition Failure
Date Thu, 18 Apr 2013 05:53:06 GMT
Hi Ming Fang,

Enable/Disable instance will take out all the resources hosted on an
instance. I would like to disable only the corrupted partition on the
system without impacting other resources.

Thanks,
Vinayak

On 4/17/13 10:43 PM, Ming Fang wrote:
> Try HelixAdmin.enableInstance()
>
> On Apr 18, 2013, at 12:28 AM, Vinayak Borkar <vborky@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> What is the expected way for a system to indicate to Helix that a partition of a
resource has failed?

>> Say the bits on disk of a particular partition are found to be corrupted. Is there
a way to tell helix that that partition of that resource needs to "fail" without killing the
whole node and hence destroying all other resources on that machine?