helix-user mailing list archives

From kishore g <g.kish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Zookeeper client
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2013 00:21:18 GMT
Hi Loannis,

We started on zkclient since it was kind of standard at LinkedIn, quickly
we realized the limitations in it and we kind of have extended it within
Helix to make use of all features of Zookeeper( I did try contacting the
author of zkclient to make changes but dint hear back). But to be fair to
zkclient, even though its not rich in features set what ever is implemented
is bug free. We have used it in production for a long time and havent found
any fatal bugs.

Our plan is to eventually get rid of zkclient and use zookeeper client
directly. Helix is heavily optimized in terms of performance and using any
of zookeeper client wrappers restricts us from taking full advantage of the
zookeeper api's.

Hope this helps

Thanks,
Kishore G