helix-user mailing list archives

From kishore g <g.kish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Prevent failback to MASTER after failover
Date Sun, 31 Mar 2013 04:50:58 GMT
Hi MIng,

There are couple of ways you can achieve that. Before providing an answer,
how many partitions do you have. Did you generate the idealstate yourself
or used Helix to come up with initial idealstate?

The reason old master tries to become a master again is to distribute the
load among the nodes currently alive. Otherwise the old node that comes
back will never become a master for any partition and will remain idle
until another failure happens in the system.

thanks,
Kishore G