helix-user mailing list archives

From Ming Fang <mingf...@mac.com>
Subject Re: Upgrade to latest Zookeeper version
Date Wed, 06 Mar 2013 06:00:09 GMT
Unfortunately it looks like IOItec.zkclient is not compatible with the latest version.
I'm getting this error at runtime

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/zookeeper/server/NIOServerCnxn$Factory
	at org.I0Itec.zkclient.ZkServer.startSingleZkServer(ZkServer.java:135)
	at org.I0Itec.zkclient.ZkServer.startZooKeeperServer(ZkServer.java:124)
	at org.I0Itec.zkclient.ZkServer.start(ZkServer.java:89)

Version 3.3.6 works fine.
Honestly I'm not sure if any upgrade is needed, but just thought we were a little outdated
that's all.

On Mar 6, 2013, at 12:50 AM, kishore g <g.kishore@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ming,
>
> As a work around, you can remove that file and re compile it. It is not needed at runtime,
it is a tool that allows you to parse zookeeper transaction logs and produce the sequence
of things that happened in the system. Its useful to debug failure scenarios in production
systems.

> I will see how to change the cod so that it works with both versions of zookeeper.
>
> Patrick, do you know if we broke the backward compatibility in any zookeeper versions
?

> Thanks,
> Kishore G
>

> On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 9:18 PM, Ming Fang <mingfang@mac.com> wrote:
> Helix currently uses Zookeeper version 3.3.4, which is rather old.
> I tried upgrading to version 3.4.5 but encountered compiling errors
> java: method deserializeTxn in class org.apache.zookeeper.server.util.SerializeUtils
cannot be applied to given types;
>   required: byte[],org.apache.zookeeper.txn.TxnHeader
>   found: org.apache.jute.InputArchive,org.apache.zookeeper.txn.TxnHeader
>   reason: actual argument org.apache.jute.InputArchive cannot be converted to byte[]
by method invocation conversion