helix-user mailing list archives

From Ming Fang <mingf...@mac.com>
Subject Communicating Master config to Slave
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2013 04:42:41 GMT
I have a use case similar to rsync-replicated-file-system recipe.
One difference is that my Master needs to communicate the server host and port to the Slave.
Also the server port will be dynamic.

There seems to be three ways to communicate config changes to the Slave, InstanceConfig, ConfigScope,
and ZkHelixPropertyStore.
I actually don't know what ConfigScope is for.

InstanceConfig at first appears to the right place since it is the Master instance config
that is changing.
But there does not seem to be a way to update it once it is added the Admin.

That leaves me with ZkHelixPropertyStore.
Is ZkHelixPropertyStore the best way to do this?

Thanks