helix-user mailing list archives

From Kapil Surlaker <kapil.surla...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Self managed cluster
Date Sat, 23 Feb 2013 21:21:31 GMT
Ming:

Can you explain the problem you are trying to solve?

It's certainly possible to have one of the nodes itself be the controller,
which you can do using the leader/standby pattern. Using that same pattern,
you can ensure that one of the nodes will be able to manipulate the ideal
state of the cluster you want to setup.

If you can provide more details about your usecase, that will be very
helpful.

Thanks,
Kapil