hdt-dev mailing list archives

From Evert Lammerts <ev...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Retire HDT
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2014 19:13:21 GMT
Hi Rahul, others,

Bob, Mirko and myself agree that a development environment for Hadoop can
be of added value to the community. After all effort that's gone into
making packaging (BigTop), deploying and tuning (Ambari, Cloudera Manager,
etc) Hadoop, and considering the ease with which a Hadoop / Spark cluster
can be deployed on public clouds, it'd be a logical step: as soon as you
have a Hadoop environment up and running, how are people going to write
jobs, and interact with the cluster in general?

But regrettably we can't currently commit enough time among the three of us
to make any serious progress. So as far as we're concerned you can go ahead
and retire HDT Rahul!

Thanks,
Evert