hdt-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Kerns <...@acm.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Retire HDT
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2014 17:58:45 GMT
As someone who has unfortunately been inactive, I'm going to abstain +0;
otherwise I'd vote -1 and try to be one of those 3 active folks.

I still have hopes of doing more stuff with Hadoop and HDT in the future,
but job responsibilities keep shifting in unexpected directions, and health
and family don't leave me enough time to do it if not actively involved at
work.

If retired, will this list remain active? Otherwise, it might be hard to
gather the 3 active people...

I think there's significant needs that are going unmet that we could be
addressing, if people (myself included) had the time to devote to it.

I've not stopped monitoring the list, and I do hope to contribute in the
future. If it is retired, what will be the mechanics for contributing new
code? Would it have to be brought out of retirement before that could
happen via Apache? (Obviously, a fork on GitHub would be an option, but
that might detract from a path back to active Apache involvement).