hdt-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Sharma <rahul0...@gmail.com>
Subject Verifying HDT release
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2013 18:15:55 GMT
I am not sure how to completely verify a release candidate. After going
through a few release guides, I took the following steps to verify the RC.

Download the release and verify checksums and signatures:

http://people.apache.org/~rsharma/hdt-0.0.1.incubating-rc0/hdt-0.0.1.incubating-{src,bin}.tar.gz{,.asc,.md5,.sha1}\

    > md5sum -c *.md5
    > sha1sum -c *.sha1

    > for i in *.asc; do echo "verify: " $i; gpg --verify $i;

Un-tar and check if the src build fine
    > tar -xvf hdt-0.0.1.incubating-src.tar.gz
    > mvn clean install
This wil also do a RAT check for every module

check if bin artifacts can be used in eclipse as a local site.
   > tar -xvf hdt-0.0.1.incubating-bin.tar.gz

  Steps with-in ECLIPSE
  - GO to *Install New Software* under *Help* in Eclipse
  - Open *Available Sites* and add a Local site pointing to bin directory.
  - Apply the changes and check the plugin

Check whether mandatory files are identical across all distribution
artifacts:
    > for i in LICENSE NOTICE; do diff hdt-0.0.1.incubating-{src,bin}/$i;
done

Check the tag with the src release

    > git clone https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-hdt.git
    > cd incubator-hdt
    > git fetch --tags
    > git checkout REVISION-CHECKSUM-FROM-VOTING-MAIL
    > cd ..

    > diff -Naur -x .git -x .gitignore  -x jars incubator-hdt/
hdt-0.0.1.incubating-src/

regards
Rahul