hdt-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Sharma <rahul0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven build
Date Wed, 04 Sep 2013 03:08:59 GMT
Hi Adam,

This is in relation to issue HDT-39[1] of hadoop-eclipse -merging. I
configured things using tycho but Srimanth had a different idea of things.
This is due to the different approach he took for hadoop-eclipse. I still
think the same can be achieved done using tycho. There is nothing stopping
us to create specific bundles  for different versions of hadoop, which is
being done at other Apache projects like servicemix, provisonr etc.

Anyways, the idea was to use maven as dumb possible, just for dependencies
management, and not to use any of tricks of the trade. I tried to dig on
the possible alternatives but I do not think besides tycho there is any
other cleaner approach. In all the rest of the approaches we have to keep
eclipse SDK. Apparently maven and eclipse are two separate worlds that do
not converge easily.

Let me know thoughts for the same as I think we would like to use maven as
that would be enable us to things like managing deps, CI, Release etc.

regards,
Rahul

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDT-39