hdt-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Berry <ad...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUS] HDT Release
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2013 20:35:18 GMT
I think this is a good idea.

I would like to propose though that moving forward we use the git flow
model for managing moving through releases etc. Under this we would create
a develop that represents the current state of hadoop-eclipse-merge with
HDT-40 applied (when we get there). Tagging when we get to an approved
release as is the traditional Apache way.

We can make a branch to archive master as it stands right now with the
converted old tools.

Then we could make a release branch to drive home on getting these features
out asap. Shortly after, or at the same time we can start the work on
feature branch(es) for developing the MR launch features using the same
ideas as we have for HDFS now.

Cheers,
Adam