hdt-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Sharma <rahul0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Incubator PMC/Board report for Aug 2013 ([ppmc])
Date Mon, 05 Aug 2013 08:08:54 GMT
Hi,

This is what I've written up for our report. Let me know your comments for
the same.

Hadoop Development Tools

Eclipse based tools for developing applications on the Hadoop platform

Hadoop Development Tools has been incubating since 2012-11-09.

  1. Release
  2. Support multiple versions of Hadoop in a single IDE instance.

aware of?
- None

- Srimanth Gunturi contributed Hadoop Eclipse project[HDT-32]
- Mirko Kaempf & Rahul Sharma added as commiters
- Few JIRAs have also been filed during this period
- hdt-dev has seen 105 mails during this period

- The code has received a big contribution from Srimanth Gunturi which
would enable interactions with HDFS and Zookeeper.
- Discussion on the mailing lists while bringing up HDT with hadoop-eclipse
and work in is progress to add MR side of things on the same.
- Wizards for Mapper/Reducers higrated to new MR API[HDT-21]

regards,
Rahul