hdt-dev mailing list archives

From Rahul Sharma <rahul0...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven Tycho in hadoop-eclipse-merge
Date Thu, 01 Aug 2013 03:15:46 GMT
Hi Srimanth,

When we build using maven and tycho, there are two ways to generate a
bundle. First is the manifest-first approach, where bundle is generated
using the Manifest in the project. Maven picks everything from the manifest
file and thus dependency resolutions and other things do not kick-in. The
second is pom-first approach, now in this manner all things are generated
via the pom and manifest file in project does not play much role. It is
generated at run-time. You can not mix the two approaches in the same
Reactor build. In HDT we have manifest-first approach and thus we need to
bundle libs, we already have an issue for the same[1]. Maybe I can spend
sometime to get pom first approach.

regards,
Rahul

[1]https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDT-15