hdt-dev mailing list archives

From Srimanth Gunturi <srima...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven Tycho in hadoop-eclipse-merge
Date Sun, 04 Aug 2013 00:00:18 GMT
Hi Rahul,
I might have misunderstood the pom-first approach.
Please correct me if I am wrong, but it seems to require some manifest.mf
entries in the pom.xml itself.
If that is the case, then I think we should not use the pom-first approach
for our eclipse plugins.

I was thinking of using maven for dynamically providing the dependency
libraries only.
That way we do have a clean record of dependencies. We could use the
copyDependencies to add to development time classpath.
Also, we do not have to checkin dependency libraries to git.

I am trying to think if we really need to use tycho for building plugins?
Building plugins/features is a relatively straightforward process and am
hoping we can do it with regular maven.
Hoping that make sense.
Regards,
Srimanth