hdt-dev mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Github pull requests
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2013 13:17:49 GMT
This sounds alright to me; but you may need to have the original
contributor grant permissions to add it to ASF, somewhere on the JIRA
or mailing list or so, such that there's a record. You can then
perhaps avoid what we had to do in Apache Oozie (then in Incubator) in
the aftermath of missing attachments and using the reviewboard patches
to commit directly (see end comments on tickets
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OOZIE-629,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OOZIE-759, etc.).

I think the http://apache.org/foundation/how-it-works/legal.html
limits the contribs to come in from a few places only as per the
development process; but I may be wrong as am no expert on
interpreting legal text.

--
Harsh J