hdt-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Berry <ad...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Access & such
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 20:38:02 GMT
On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (388J) <
chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> On 2/25/13 12:28 AM, "Bob Kerns" <rwk@acm.org> wrote:
>
> >I've just put some effort into getting all my Apache-things in order, and
> >noticed a few gaps:
> >
> >1) I don't seem to have write access to the Wiki. I was going to add a
> >link
> >to the Jira site for HDT, but since I didn't have access, I added a Jira
> >issue to add the link. :)
>
> I just created my own account on the wiki, so I don't have admin privs :)
>
> If someone doesn't have those on this list, my suggestion would be to file
> an INFRA ticket at:
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA
>
> Requesting Wiki write privs. Another option if you are IRC savvy is to log
> on
> to #asfinfra on irc.freenode.net and ask one of the folks there to grant
> the
> privs in real time.

I am an admin for the wiki, so if you guys let me know what your wiki names
are I can add you.

> >2) I don't seem to be a member of the Jira project? I can't assign myself
> >tasks...
>
> I'm also not an admin in JIRA, so we'll need to get privs to do that. Adam
> B.
> probably is a JIRA admin for HDT. Adam?

I am indeed an admin for the JIRA. I've added everyone as committers/pmc
members in the project, so you should be able to edit issues now. Could you
give it a whirl and let me know.

> >I have some thoughts long-term vision I was thinking about writing up on a
> >wiki page. User-experience-oriented things like having a single update
> >site
> >for all Hadoop-family Eclipse tools (even if they are provided by the
> >individual projects -- I'm not trying to get grandiose here),
> >configuration, etc. Sort of an attempt to look like what a seamless
> >experience would be like from a user perspective.
>
> +1 you should have write access to the wiki and let's get it fixed ASAP.
>

> >We'll need some way to distinguish between our public documentation, and
> >our internal musings and discussions, not to be confused with
> >documentation. Perhaps this would be easier with the Confluence wiki?
>
> I'm a fan of Confluence over MoinMoin, but since I didn't plan on writing
> bunch of documentation on HDT, I didn't want to let my prefs influence
> those
> over the folks actually doing the work.

Yep, we will need to do something to distinguish, but for now I think we
can just plough on as most of what we will be writing is design/discussion
type things.

> >It looks to me like we don't have Fisheye going for this project because
> >we're git-only? Should I approach Atlassian about hosting our repository
> >on
> >their Fisheye instance?
>
> The ASF HDT project code bits needs to be hosted on ASF infra, so we can't
> do that.
> Infra provides continuous integration (http://ci.apache.org/) as well as
> ViewVC
> repository browsing (http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/) so hopefully that will