hdt-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Berry <ad...@apache.org>
Subject initial plugin split done
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 04:29:54 GMT
Hey guys,

So first, let me say thanks for the patience as I worked on this.

I've split up the original single plugin into a few logical units as we
discussed before. I've thrown up the beginnings of a wiki page,
http://wiki.apache.org/hdt/HDTGettingStarted with the beginnings of how to
grab this and work with it. The maven/tycho build support still needs to go
in, but I should be able to get to that this week.

So now we are ready to start attacking multi hadoop version support! We
need multi version clients for launching jobs on hadoop clusters, also for
interacting with hdfs on the same clusters, those will need the connectors
that we discussed before. The other spot is in the jars that get that added
to the classpath for MapReduce projects.

Although the plugins are logically split, some of the classes in them need
some more work to better split the work between core and ui, so keeping
refactoring in mind as would be good I think. For now, the Hadoop imports
are satisfied using the org.apache.hadoop.eclipse plugin, which bundles
Hadoop 1.0.4.

I've added some JIRAs as trackers for this feature work, so feel free to
jump in to the source and chime in!

Cheers,
Adam