hdt-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Kerns <...@acm.org>
Subject Access & such
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2013 08:28:05 GMT
I've just put some effort into getting all my Apache-things in order, and
noticed a few gaps:

1) I don't seem to have write access to the Wiki. I was going to add a link
to the Jira site for HDT, but since I didn't have access, I added a Jira
issue to add the link. :)

2) I don't seem to be a member of the Jira project? I can't assign myself
tasks...

I have some thoughts long-term vision I was thinking about writing up on a
wiki page. User-experience-oriented things like having a single update site
for all Hadoop-family Eclipse tools (even if they are provided by the
individual projects -- I'm not trying to get grandiose here),
configuration, etc. Sort of an attempt to look like what a seamless
experience would be like from a user perspective.

We'll need some way to distinguish between our public documentation, and
our internal musings and discussions, not to be confused with
documentation. Perhaps this would be easier with the Confluence wiki?

It looks to me like we don't have Fisheye going for this project because
we're git-only? Should I approach Atlassian about hosting our repository on
their Fisheye instance?