hdt-dev mailing list archives

From Bob Kerns <...@acm.org>
Subject Fisheye request
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2013 07:14:03 GMT
I've submitted a request to Atlassian, the body of which I'm copying below.

This is issue FSH-11186

I don't know if you'll be able to see it here:
https://support.atlassian.com/browse/FSH-11186

=====

The Apache Hadoop Development Tools project is presently in incubation. It
is a spinoff of the Hadoop top-level project, starting with the existing
code base for the Hadoop Eclipse plugin.

This code has moved several times during its lifetime -- it actually began
when Hadoop was part of the Lucene project. Currently, it is only available
via the HDT project.

Making it available via Fisheye will make it easier for users to locate and
browse the current source, and participate in its ongoing development.
Atlassian's support of the Apache community is much appreciated, and we
hope you can extend this support to our project. (I personally am a
long-time fan of Fisheye)

Our project repository is a git repository, rather than an svn repository.
While there is an hdt subproject in svn under the incubator project, this
is NOT the repository we are using. I realize this makes the setup more
work for you. I do not anticipate a move to svn, and several other
incubator projects are set up similarly. I think this is the direction we
can expect new Apache projects to go in the future.

Our repository is located at
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-hdt.git

Our project main page is here: http://hdt.incubator.apache.org/

Our wiki: http://wiki.apache.org/hdt/ (though I have hopes we may migrate