hdt-dev mailing list archives

From Suresh Marru <sma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: December IPMC report draft
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2012 18:10:38 GMT
On Dec 6, 2012, at 12:47 PM, Adam Berry <amberry@yahoo-inc.com> wrote:

> So here is the draft of the December report. I've already added it to the wiki at http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/December2012.
Roman has also already signed off. Any other comments/suggestions?

> Chris/Suresh could you guys also sign off if you think this is in good shape?

Good first report Adam, I just signed off.

Suresh

> Cheers,
> Adam
>
> ------
>
> Hadoop Development Tools
>
> Eclipse based tools for developing applications on the Hadoop platform.
>
> Entered 11/09/2012
>
> Three most important issues to address in the move towards graduation:
> - Finish on boarding the podling. Including infra work (waiting on a git repository to
be created see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-5512), completing the podlings.xml
and then IP clearance for code and committers.
> - Porting and releasing existing codebase to support multiple versions of Hadoop in a
single IDE instance. During this time building understanding of the Apache processes around
working and releasing.
> - Grow the podling community in terms of users and contributors.
>
> Any issues that the Incubator PMC (IPMC) or ASF Board wish/need to be aware of?
> - As mentioned above, we have been waiting on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-5512
for over three weeks, not having our git repository is a big barrier to progress.