From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: httpCore5 - ClassicGetExecutionExample
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2018 03:51:11 GMT
On 8/8/2018 2:36 PM, Tommy Pham wrote:
> Ah.  I forgot about Apache migrating to Git a while back.  I wasn't sure if
> all the projects are migrated.  Thank you, again.

As far as I know, there is no mandate at Apache to switch everything to
git.  It's up to each individual project to decide what source control
software they want to use.  Many projects are still using subversion for
their primary source repositories.

There is a general trend among projects (both open source and other)
towards switching to git.  It's the shiny new toy that everyone wants.
Many Apache projects have switched to git, and are happy with that
choice.  In another ten years, there might be something new that
attracts the world's attention.

It would be amusing to me if the subversion project changed to something
else to house their source code.  That's probably never going to happen,
but if it did, I'd have to smile about it.

Thanks,
Shawn