From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Website not up to date for HC5
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2018 22:03:07 GMT
On Thu, 2018-03-22 at 21:53 +0100, Philippe Mouawad wrote:
> Hello,
> When you go to:
>

>    - https://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-5.0.x/index.html
>

> It doesn't mention support of HTTP2 which is a bit sad knowing all
> the
> important work done to support it.
>
> Regards
> Philippe

Hi Philippe

We had a bit of a discussion concerning the HC project web site not
that long ago. The conclusion I have personally drawn from that
discussion is the state of the web site is just fine as is /just to
avoid misunderstanding this statement is meant to be sarcastic/.

I'll be working on HC 5.0 tutorials in my private space on GitHub but I
did not get around to starting it yet. For now the best source of
reference are the samples shipped with the distribution. They are quite
comprehensive and should cover pretty much all important aspects of the
APIs.

https://github.com/apache/httpcomponents-client/tree/master/httpclient5
/src/examples/org/apache/hc/client5/http/examples

I'll also be around to answer any specific questions.

Oleg