From "Christopher Schultz"<schu...@apache.org>
Subject Possible to change default value for staleConnectionCheckEnabled?
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2017 19:54:59 GMT
All,

I have a conflict between two products that must operate in the same JVM and same ClassLoader.
One product was based upon http-client 4.3 and another based upon 4.5. Nearly everything works
(thanks for the great backward compatibility, folks!) except that the product relying upon
4.3 semantics is expecting the default value for staleConnectionCheckEnabled to be "true"
while it is "false" in the latest versions.

Unfortunately, patching the code of the "older" product is very ... challenging.

Is there a system property or anything like that I can use to change this default? Maybe a
static setDefaultStateConnectionCheckEnabled(boolean) method? I realize that the whole staleConnectionCheckEnabled
setting is deprecated, but having changed the default value for it is causing me some backward-compatibility
headaches.

Thanks,
-chris