From Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>
Subject Re: Possible to change default value for staleConnectionCheckEnabled?
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2017 15:52:19 GMT
Gary,

On 7/12/17 10:33 PM, Gary Gregory wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 9:05 AM, Christopher Schultz <schultz@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Gary,
>>
>> Nope. That field is 100% undocumented (https://hc.apache.org/
>> httpcomponents-client-ga/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/http/client/config/
>> RequestConfig.html#DEFAULT) so messing-around with it seems like a bad
>> idea.
>>
>> What do you suggest, specifically? It's a static final field, but I don't
>> believe we are running under a SecurityManager, so I could probably use
>> reflection to blast-away the value with one of my choosing.\
>>

> Ah, crud, I thought the field was mutable. Let's do a What-if: What if that
> field was mutable (and documented), would that solve your problem? You
> could try... ;-)

I can definitely try. I don't actually mind using reflection to bash my
way in, either (this is a fairly desperate situation for me), but
changing the field still looks like it's not going to have any effect...
unless I'm reading the code incorrectly, the DEFAULT member is
completely ignored by the rest of the code in the class.

Thanks,
-chris