From Hiran CHAUDHURI <hiran.chaudh...@amadeus.com>
Subject Preemtive Authentication for Artifactory
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2017 12:25:21 GMT
Hello there.

Trying to fire REST api commands to JFrog Artifactory, I am successful related to upload and
delete.
Now I want to implement copy and move operations but seem to get "409 Conflict" or "405 Method
not allowed" responses, although they might stem from the user not being authorized.

Ha, the user! HttpClient 4.5.3 does not even feel challenged and thus never sends the credentials.
On copy and delete operations I traced that the server responds with a 403 which triggers
HttpClient to resend the request including credentials.

How can I have the credentials sent in the first request anyway? The example at
http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-4.5.x/tutorial/html/authentication.html#d5e717
does not work for me. But then I am using POST requests...

Hiran

Hiran Chaudhuri
Principal Support Engineer
NSH Web Hosting services
Amadeus Data Processing GmbH
Berghamer Strasse 6
85435 Erding
T: +49-8122-43x3662
hiran.chaudhuri@amadeus.com
http://amadeus.com<http://amadeus.com/>
[cid:image001.png@01D2DF99.A0F5F670]

IMPORTANT - CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - This e-mail is intended only for the use of the individual
or entity shown above as addressees . It may contain information which is privileged, confidential
or otherwise protected from disclosure under applicable laws . If the reader of this transmission
is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, printing, distribution,
copying, disclosure or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately
notify us by reply e-mail or using the address below and delete the message and any attachments
from your system . Amadeus Data Processing GmbH Gesch?ftsf?hrer: Dr. Wolfgang Krips Sitz der
Gesellschaft: Erding HR M?nchen 48 199 Berghamer Strasse 6 85435 Erding Germany