From Mats Eklund <mats.ekl...@live.at>
Subject How replace the default HTTP URL handler in Java with one that uses the Apache HTTPClient?
Date Thu, 18 May 2017 09:49:17 GMT
Hi,

I am thinking of replacing the default HTTP connection handler in my Java web applications
with one that uses Apache HTTPClient. The reason is that I want to leverage response caching
of outbound HTTP requests made from my web application. The requests are made via various
libraries, all using the standard java.net.URL class to access resources on the web.

Does the HTTP Components framework contain a ready to use solution for this, or are there
some guidelines available for how to best go about it. I guess what I am looking for could
be a common scenario! I found some possible directions here:

http://mjremijan.blogspot.co.at/2012/02/create-your-own-java-url-handlers.html

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27993995/creating-httpurlconnection-for-urlstreamhandlerfactory-getting-error-protocol/28101085#28101085

But maybe there is already a ready to use component available, that could be simply dropped
along with a configuration file for the caching behavior into the application's libraries
folder?

Thanks so much in advance for any advice!

Mats