From Joan Balagueró <joan.balagu...@grupoventus.com>
Subject Async client with self signed certificate
Date Thu, 18 May 2017 18:48:44 GMT
Hello,

I’ve been using SSL with client authentication with signed certificates in
async http client 4.1, with no problem.

My code is:

FileInputStream  fKeyStore = new FileInputStream(new
File(keyStoreLocation));

KeyStore keyStore = KeyStore.getInstance(keyStoreType);

keyStore.load(fKeyStore, keyStorePassword.toCharArray());

KeyManagerFactory kmfactory =
KeyManagerFactory.getInstance(KeyManagerFactory.getDefaultAlgorithm());

kmfactory.init(keyStore, keyStorePassword.toCharArray());

KeyManager[] keyManagers = kmfactory.getKeyManagers();

TrustManagerFactory tmf =
TrustManagerFactory.getInstance(TrustManagerFactory.getDefaultAlgorithm());

tmf.init(keyStore);

SSLContext sslContext = SSLContexts.custom().build();

sslContext.init(keyManagers, tmf.getTrustManagers(), null);

return (new SSLIOSessionStrategy(sslContext, new String[] { "TLSv1" }, null,
SSLIOSessionStrategy.getDefaultHostnameVerifier()));

But now I have an installation with ssl and client authentication but with a
self-signed certificate. Using the previous code I get the following error
(I suppose because it doesn’t find the CA certificate):

Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building
failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable
to find valid certification path to requested target

Can anyone help me with this? How should I modify the previous code to have
this working? I’ve tried some alternatives but none of them worked.

Thanks in advance.

Joan.