From Christopher BROWN <br...@reflexe.fr>
Subject Re: Slow connection and timeouts when using localhost on macOS with Java / HTTP when network disconnected
Date Tue, 14 Feb 2017 14:05:53 GMT
Hello,

The problem, if I understand correctly, is to do with the way Java resolves
hostnames, which takes a long time with the default macOS Sierra
configuration.  In short, adding "computername.local" (as display in
Network Preferences when you've got a Mac) beside "localhost", on the
127.0.0.1 entry in /etc/hosts -- as described here:
http://stackoverflow.com/a/41847289 -- fixed the problem.

Hope that helps anyone else discovering this message, even if it's not
directly related to HTTP Client (even although that's where I hit the
problem).

--
Christopher