From Vicky Singh <vicky_sim...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: How to gracefully shutdown httpclient
Date Mon, 27 Feb 2017 15:26:15 GMT
I do not think there is a native method to do so.
I created a wrapper around ClosableHttpClient. This wrapper kept an Atomic count of requests
and decremented the count on request close or failure. Once shutdown was initiated the close
method closed the httpclient only if the count was zero, or with every request complete checked
if shutdown has been initiated. You have to be very careful with error handling as its easy
to miss the decrement and you could never have the count decremented to zero. Also you could
call close more than once as its idempotent and count go to negative.
vicky