From Sachin Nikumbh <saniku...@gmail.com>
Subject Can a 201 (Created) response cause HTTP async client to prematurely send a FIN to the server?
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2016 14:47:59 GMT
Hi all,

I realized that in my previous post, I did not do a good job of explaining
the problem that I am facing. My sincere apologies for that.

We have a custom server that my client Java application is communicating
with using the async client. To be specific we are using an instance of
CloseableHttpAsyncClient from the client application. The client sends a
POST request with few kilo bytes of data. The server reads the headers,
sends a 201 back to the client acknowledging the receipt of request and
continues reading with the request body. What I see using wireshark on the
client side is that the client receives 201 when it is still in the middle
of sending the data. But then the client sends a FIN even before it has
sent all the data. This results in server not receiving all the data.

Now, if we remove the server 201 response, everything works fine. I.e
client sends all the data to the server. We also don't see this behavior if
the client sends small amount of data < 3 kb.

Is this a known issue? Are there any client side hooks that I can use to
fix/debug this issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Sachin