From Pete Keyes <PKe...@starbucks.com>
Subject Re: HttpClient is not proving to be thread-safe and reusable -- probably user error
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2016 14:56:32 GMT
You failed to consume the response.  Apache-HC will never return the
connection to the pool.  Once you've hit the 500th thread all connections
are leased.  In the run() method simply add a finally to your try/catch
and move the response object into scope.

  HttpResponse response=null;
  try {
      response = client.execute(...);
  }
  catch() {
  }
  finally {
      if(response != null) {
          EntityUtils.consumeQuietly(response.getEntity());
      }
  }

‹
Pete