From "Singh, Vicky" <vic...@akamai.com>
Subject Re: How to retrieve server ip of the connected connections
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2016 14:59:38 GMT
Thanks!
I went ahead with the first implementation.

Vicky
From: Oleg Kalnichevski <olegk@apache.org>
Sent: Friday, June 10, 2016 10:55 AM
To: httpclient-users@hc.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to retrieve server ip of the connected connections

On Thu, 2016-06-09 at 19:40 +0000, Vicky Singh wrote:

>  I am using PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager to create connections. I would like to
get what IP address my connections resolve to. Is there a API that I can use.
best IP address. I found this https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTTPCLIENT-656

> Summary of my code,
> PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager connMgr = new PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager(socketFactoryRegistry);
       ....// build custom http client . ...        Set<HttpRoute> hosts = connMgr.getRoutes();
       for (HttpRoute r: hosts) {            InetAddress ip = r.getTargetHost().getAddress();
           break;        }
> The above code gets an IP only if HttpHost was created using IP in constructor . From
documentation of  HttpHost.getAddress() Returns the inet address if explicitly set by a constructor,
null otherwise.

There are different ways to approach the problem
(1) Have full control over hostname resolution by using a custom
DnsResolver
(2) Get hold of active connections from a custom subsclass of
HttpRequestExecutor

Oleg