From "Mark A. Claassen" <MClaas...@ocie.net>
Subject Host name resolution
Date Wed, 18 May 2016 14:47:14 GMT
Every once in a while, it seems that my apache HTTP client seems to resolve a host name different
that when I use the command line.  We had done some infrastructure work (months ago) and some
of our internal domain names had changed.  Now, everything will work fine, until all of a
sudden it will just stop.  These are caused by DNS resolution problems.

It is possible that some DNS server here has some old data or something.  However, my question
is about why HttpClient seems to not use the same resolution method as my browser, or the
command line.  Why is that?  Is there a way to tell what is going on?

Thanks,
Mark

Disclaimer:
The opinions provided herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of Donnell Systems,
Inc.(DSI). DSI makes no warranty for and assumes no legal liability or responsibility for
the posting.