From Baratali Izmailov <baratal...@gmail.com>
Subject Apache HttpClient TCP Keep-Alive (socket keep-alive)
Date Wed, 11 May 2016 14:52:35 GMT
Hello,

I have http request that takes too much time to be processed by the server
(about 5 minutes). Because connection becomes idle for 5 minutes, proxy
server shutdowns the connection. I'm trying to use TCP Keep-Alive in Apache
DefaultHttpClient to make connection be alive for a long time (Not confuse
TCP Keep-Alive with HTTP Keep-Alive that simply doesn't closes connection
after response is sent).

Apache http core has following parameter SO_KEEPALIVE:
http://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-core-ga/httpcore/apidocs/org/apache/http/params/CoreConnectionPNames.html#SO_KEEPALIVE.
However, due to DefaultHttpClient javadocs I can't customize client's
behavior with that parameter:
https://hc.apache.org/httpcomponents-client-ga/httpclient/apidocs/org/apache/http/impl/client/DefaultHttpClient.html
.

Do you know how to make DefaultHttpClient use TCP Keep-Alive strategy?

Thanks,

Baratali.