From Venkata Pavan Kumar Sannisetty <sunny...@gmail.com>
Subject How to configure SSLSocket Factory per route using Apache HTTP Components
Date Sun, 10 Apr 2016 09:59:10 GMT
Is there any way to setup a separate SSL Context Factory for each route in
Apache HTTP Client. From the documentation i can only see we can configure
SSLContextFactory per scheme not per route.

Registry<ConnectionSocketFactory> r =
RegistryBuilder.<ConnectionSocketFactory>create()
            .register("http", plainsf)
            .register("https", sslsf)
            .build();

    HttpClientConnectionManager cm = new PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager(r);
    HttpClients.custom()
            .setConnectionManager(cm)
            .build();

All my target endpoints are protected with HTTPS and mandates client
certificate authentication. For each of these endpoint i have to select a
specific client certificate & present it to the endpoint server. Currently
i am seeing the only is to create a separate HTTPClient instance for each
target endpoint route.

I am here looking for any pointers to improving this design.

Thanks.