From Philippe Mouawad <philippe.moua...@gmail.com>
Subject Question about PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager#timeToLive
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2016 07:40:41 GMT
Hello,
I would like a clarification on the
PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager#timeToLive that is used to construct the
PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager.

In my understanding this value should not exceed the Keep Alive timeout
sent by a server.
Am I right or am I misunderstanding it ?

I think it should be better documented

Also another question about the call of this in the constructor:
this.pool.setValidateAfterInactivity(2000);

Why isn't this value exposed to configuration ?
Am I wrong to think that it should be < Time to live in millis ?

Take the following case:
- Server returns a keep alive of 1500 ms
- I suppose that validation will always fail and that between 1500 and 2000
ms invalid connections will be returned.

Thanks for clarifications

Regards
Philippe