From Sam Wilson <tecywiz...@hotmail.com>
Subject HttpClient 4.5.2 and Server Name Indication
Date Wed, 02 Mar 2016 17:37:18 GMT
Hey httpclient-users,

I'm trying to get Server Name Indication working in an existing
application, but I'm having some serious trouble.

The java version is 1.8.0_45.

I've walked all the way through the HttpClient code to the
sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.connect call, and I see that HttpClient
is correctly passing the hostname through to the socket connect.

The paramSocketAddress.toString() returns "www.example.com:443", where
example.com is replaced by the actual SNI host I'm using.

When I enable -Djavax.net.debug=all, there is no server name extension
listed in the outgoing request.

Is there anything else I need to do to enable SNI?

Thanks,
Sam