From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: WinHttpClients
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2016 13:31:03 GMT
On Tue, 2016-03-15 at 20:10 +0000, Mark A. Claassen wrote:
> In the release notes for 4.4, there is the following:
>
> 	Native Windows Negotiate and NTLM via SSPI through JNA: when running on
> 	Windows OS HttpClient configured to use native NTLM or SPNEGO authentication
> 	schemes can make use of platform specific functionality via JNA and current
> 	user credentials. This functionality is still considered experimental, known
> 	to have compatibility issues and subject to change without prior notice.
>
> However, the WinHttpClients class seems to work great.  Are there known issues, or is
this now considered pretty reliable?  Is there something similar for the Mac?

Hi Mark

There are several unresolved issues related to JNA / NTLM via SSPI. You
can look them up in Jira.

The main problem is that we have no one capable and willing to develop
this module further.

I am glad it has been working working well for you, but there is no way
of knowing if it works equally well with all numerous MS products and
their combinations.

Oleg