From Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Async client
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2016 15:15:20 GMT
On Fri, 2016-03-04 at 15:20 +0100, Joan Balagueró wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are starting to work with the Async http client. We are creating a PoolingNHttpClientConnectionManager
(translating our old PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager to a PoolingNHttpClientConnectionManager).
Here we have 2 questions:

> 1. Hasn't the async client a retry handler and a stale check validation?

Presently HttpAsyncClient does not support automatic request
re-execution.

Stale connection check is only relevant for classic (blocking) i/o. You
can safely ignore it.

> 2. When we set the connection and response timeout at IOReactor level and RequestConfig
level, what takes precedence?

Request level parameters are expected to override those set at the i/o
reactor / connection manager level

Hope this helps

Oleg