From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject When connection limits don't seem like the right thing
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2016 13:37:53 GMT
Here's my situation:

I have an application that parcels out work via HTTP to services that
run behind AWS EC2 ELBs. So, a single IP address is the 'front' for a
potentially vast amount of capacity -- many instances, each with many
worker threads that can handle HTTP requests in parallel.

I coded this to use the HTTP Async client to do the HTTP transactions.

My first cut didn't work very well, because the default limits on max
connections per route and total max connections in the async client
throttled the process.

I've pushed those limits way up, but I have a leftover qualm; am I
using the library as intended?