From Vic Cekvenich <cekvenich....@gmail.com>
Subject Am I doing this right: PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager
Date Sat, 10 Oct 2015 23:47:26 GMT
Hi, we have heavy load, am I using the pool right:

1. I make a call using a client and in finally I consume but * don't * call
close() - since I want conn returned to the pool.

2. In HttpRequestRetryHandler retryRequest, once it retries 10 times, I do
close the conn - since it should be removed from the pool as likely bad.

HttpClientContext ctx = (HttpClientContext) context;
HttpClientConnection conn = (HttpClientConnection) ctx.getConnection();
conn.close();
This I do since I get many close max tries errors and other error responses
from the end point

I get socket closed errors.

What should I do in retryRequest after 10 errors to reduce further errors?

Help?
Vic