From Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org>
Subject Re: Getting SocketTimeoutException after a very short amount of time
Date Fri, 04 Sep 2015 17:52:11 GMT
On 9/4/2015 11:39 AM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
> I must be creating the client objects incorrectly for the "set socket
> timeout" message to never be logged.

I checked the ClientConfiguration.java example, and found that it sets
the socket timeout when it is building the HttpGet object, not the
HttpClient object.

In my program, I have absolutely no control over the GET/POST requests,
that is deep in the bowels of SolrJ.

As a committer on Lucene/Solr, I *do* have the ability to change SolrJ,
and perhaps these parameters should be configured in our SolrClient
object and actually set when the request objects are created, but I
think it should be possible to set them on the HttpClient object and
have all requests utilize those defaults.

Thanks,
Shawn