From Alexander Bernstein <alexbernstein1...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Use of PublicSuffixMatcherLoader and CookieSpecRegistries with simple host names
Date Tue, 22 Sep 2015 12:30:03 GMT
Hello,
In Apache client 4.5, by default, org.apache.http.impl.client.HttpClientBuilder.build() uses
PublicSuffixMatcherLoader (line 926) to create cookie specs registry, like this:CookieSpecRegistries.createDefault(publicSuffixMatcherCopy),
on line 1173.
The PublicSuffixMatcherLoader class does not allow host names with no suffixes, i.e. at least
one dot character must be present in the name.

We have lots of automated test environments where simple names, such as "host1", are used.
And we believe that our customers might have similar setups. Since we upgraded to 4.5, these
environments are broken.

Is there any way, or what is the right way, to configure these classes to allow host names
with no dots?

Many thanksAlex Bernstein