From Check Peck <comptechge...@gmail.com>
Subject Do I need to worry about NoHttpResponseException?
Date Sun, 12 Jul 2015 01:24:56 GMT
I am using Apache HttpClient 4.5 version in my library and I am seeing
below exception coming up always: I am not sure from where this exception
is coming.

    I/O exception (org.apache.http.NoHttpResponseException) caught when
processing request to {}->http://machineA:8080: The target server failed to
respond
    - Retrying request to {}->http://machineA:8080
    - I/O exception (org.apache.http.NoHttpResponseException) caught when
processing request to {}->http://machineA:8080: The target server failed to
respond
    - Retrying request to {}->http://machineA:8080
    - I/O exception (org.apache.http.NoHttpResponseException) caught when
processing request to {}->http://machineA:8080: The target server failed to
respond
    - Retrying request to {}->http://machineA:8080
    - I/O exception (org.apache.http.NoHttpResponseException) caught when
processing request to {}->http://machineB:8080: The target server failed to
respond
    - Retrying request to {}->http://machineB:8080

I am using "RestTemplate" as my HttpClient in one of my library and with
"RestTemplate" I am using PoolingHttpClientConnectionManager and other
properties of Apache HttpClient as shown below.

Here is my "DataClient" class as shown in this gist -
https://gist.github.com/TechGeeky/b0bef73a03657187cce3

And here is my simple class which will perform the actual task:
https://gist.github.com/TechGeeky/7f3a02398b73b60f899c

And here is my factory which I am using to create a single instance of
"DataClient" which means, it will also have single instance of
"RestTemplate" as well:

    https://gist.github.com/TechGeeky/9cebb859ce1a6ecb088b

And this is the way I will make a call to get the data from my "DataClient"
library:

    DataResponse response =
DataClientFactory.getInstance().executeSync(dataKey);

Now my question is - Why I am seeing that exception, do I need to worry
about anything with the above exception? And how can I suppress that
exception if there is any way to fix it?

In my "DataClient" class, I am making HttpClient connection by using
various properties.