From Mahendran Pirinthapan <mpirintha...@gmail.com>
Subject What is the recommended way to use HttpClient
Date Tue, 19 May 2015 02:58:42 GMT
Hi all,

In one of our project we are using httpclient-4.1.1 (we have to stick with
this version for some reason) to send requests to a remote server. We are
having a long running production environment for this project and we can
not restart the server frequently.

Currently we are using the httpclient in singleton manner. That is, we are
using the same httpclient instance to handle all the request using
ThreadSafeClientConnManager. In our production environment there can be
hundreds of request parallel.

Now I would like to know what would be the recommended way to use the
httpclient. Using in singleton manner? or Creating new httpclient instance
for each request?

Kindly appreciate your recommendations.

Thanks & Regards,
M.Pirinthapan