From Bill Gottlieb <bgottl...@gawquest.com>
Subject HTTP Error 400. The request hostname is invalid.
Date Sun, 22 Mar 2015 21:13:59 GMT
I use HttpClient 4.4 to connect to an IIS https REST web service.  When I
test from my PC everything works fine, returning data from the server
without issue.  I load the same code onto my IBM iSeries and receive the
following error "HTTP Error 400 - The request hostname is invalid.".  Both
are using JDK 1.6.  The PC uses Oracle's and the iSeries uses IBM's JDK.

The IIS folks have tried to change things on their end, to no avail.  I've
tried with both of the following from my end, thinking the second would
work no matter what:

      CloseableHttpClient browser = HttpClientBuilder.create().build();
      CloseableHttpClient browser =
HttpClients.custom().setSSLHostnameVerifier(new
NoopHostnameVerifier()).build();

Does anybody have any ideas that could help me solve this problem?  Thanks!