From Umesh Sehgal <umesh.seh...@gmail.com>
Subject Expect-continue authentication failure
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2015 08:54:34 GMT
Hi,

My application uses commons-httpclient 3.1 to make post request to tomcat
hosted application. The latest version of tomcat seems to close the
expect-100 continue request for non 200 responses(a change they introduced
in 7.0.49) immediately.

As I enable some tomcat logging, I see the expect-continue request from
httpClient is terminating because of 401 response status code. However the
other library AbderaClient works fine in similar scenario.

Couple of questions:

Is there a known problem with httpClient expect-continue ?

If I disable the expect-continue on httpClient, everything works. Are there
any downsides of disabling this?

Thanks,
Umesh