From Christopher BROWN <br...@reflexe.fr>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents Client 4.4 GA Released
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2015 15:06:35 GMT
Hello Oleg,

Congratulations on the release.  I have a quick question concerning one
item in the release notes, but don't have a suitable network to test it on.

* Default SSL hostname verifier and default cookie policy now validate
> certificate identity and cookie domain of origin against the public
> suffix list maintained by Mozilla.org <https://publicsuffix.org/list>

What happens if HTTP client is used in a network where "publicsuffix.org"
can't be reached?  Sometimes, we have customers that apply excessive
restrictions on access to external networks, whilst still using HTTPS for
internal servers.  Will it raise an exception?  Will it slow down
connections?  Can it be disabled if either of these two questions are in
fact problematic (it of course makes a lot of sense NOT to disable it).

Thanks,
Christopher